Welcome to the Chronologer !
This is a simple utility to track the amount of time a PC is used.
It can the used :
It collects various statistics, so that you can choose the most
appropriate one when you eventually do your statistical analysis.
It outputs to comma seperated values (.CSV) format for easy
importation into spreadsheets. The fields collected are :
- To determine whether PCs are being used optimally, e.g.
- To determine productivity (similar to punchcards).
- To determine sleep/wake cycles or bipolar cycles.
- For its amusement value (similar to xodo).
Since the program hooks the keyboard, it has the potential to be
adapted as a keylogger. Then again, any Windows program can
easily be turned into a keylogger, because Windows makes it so easy
to hook the keyboard.
- Date and time of start of interval.
- Number of keystrokes.
- Number of alphanumeric keystrokes (The difference between this
field and the one above gives an indication of whether or not the
user was buzy with creative activities, or just browsing).
- Mouse clicks.
- Time spent moving the mouse (in seconds).
- Time spent typing. User is allowed pausing up to 40
- Time spent typing. User is allowed pausing up to 4
- Time spent typing alphanumeric keystrokes.User is allowed
pausing up to 4 seconds.
- Active time in seconds i.e. either typed, or moved the mouse,
- Length of day in seconds.
- Start of day in seconds since 2 am. This field's primary use is
to generate the one above.
Chronologer C source
Chronologer Windows binary
Email : Nic Roets
Cellphone : +27 83 765 9503